Gibson Brands Forums

15 years of searching I got it.

The Mick

So in '95 I started buying CD's and replacing my vinyl collection. There have been many that I haven't been able to replace but today I received in the mail a Hendrix CD that were hard enough to come by on vinyl. Midnight Lightning and Crash Landing. Polydor released these two albums of unreleased material in '75. My vinyl isn't in very good shape I played the hell out of there two albums growing up. I tried to rip them to digital from the vinyl but there were just to many skips and pops. It seems however they were released as a two album CD in Russia and my copy came in today. Freakin' bliss.[biggrin]

I like....can you make any more recommendations? I've really only heard the "popular" stuff in the past and while its good, it wasn't resonating with me. I like some of the stuff on South Saturn Delta better so far. I also have Live at Filmore East which is a SICK album....

Whats next?

A lot of this album is the same line up and studio versions of the Filmore east gig. Band of Gypsy's. I found a few others of this for sale on the internet do a search it's worth it. I just kinda gave up on finding it until last week I looked not expecting to find anything. The Cry Of Love is a great one as well as First Rays Of The New Rising Sun. These are all material released after his death.

I haven't looked but www.dtmgallery.com tends to have a lot of rare schtuff....

Edit: I just searched Jimi Hendrix and it showed me 72 results....lots of stuff.....check itout!

Be warned...ordering process is weird....gotta order through email....secure email mind you, but email nonetheless....check it out.

Archived