Gibson Brands Forums

Les Paul Junior Double Cut Nashville

doublecutjr

Hi everyone, First time newbie here............... Just wanted to add that this 2007 LP JR Nashville is an under-rated guitar. I have one from the GOTW run. It's modified with a Dimarzio DLX Plus and a custom PG from WD Music. I have 11 Gibsons and this one is right up there with the 75 deluxe I own...... GT........ gold top........... anyway....... I have 40 years experience so if anyone needs any help or has questions, I'd be happy to help. I am a non-touring pro that spends time retired and composing. Thanks again for letting me join in.

Hi all, sorry I have not got back to you all but have been busy in the studio. I'm going to post a picture of the 2007 LP Double Cut Junior Nashville. It's one of my favorite guitars of my collection. I have a world-class luthier who has done all the custom work on this. I can't mention his name as he's also a ghost builder for many pros. However, here's what was done.

The pup (original P-90) was changed and we put in a Dimarzio DLX Pro, a very nice pup with good mid range and a bit of boost on the lows. I like the pup but would have gone with a Dimarzio Tone Zone instead because it has better range in the highs and bit more output. The cavaties are all shielded with copper and the tuners are custom abalone as well as the pick guard which was made for me by Robert at WD Music, N. Fort Myers, FL, these guys are great, friendly, and they do wonderful work. be prepared though to wait up to 6 weeks for custom orders but it's well worth it. The frets have been groomed and the action reset to a bit lower. Everything else is stock, the Grover tuners as well. here she is

http://s966.photobucket.com/albums/ae144/doublecutjr/

Archived