Gibson Brands Forums

Soundstage Saturday night on PBS

rlouie

Tune in this week for 3 Girls and Their Buddy featuring Emmylou Harris, Patty Griffin, Shawn Colvin, and Buddy Miller!

This episode of Soundstage highlights Americana music at its absolute best. Billed as "Three Girls and Their Buddy," Emmylou Harris, Patty Griffin, Shawn Colvin and Buddy Miller present a versatile in-the-round set. The group’s stage banter and genial rapport clearly translates their passion for performing together on songs like “Get Ready Marie,” “Gasoline and Matches,” “Poison Love” and “Shelter Me.” All legends in their own right, collectively they deliver an unbeatable and spellbinding night not to be missed!

Check your local PBS listings...............

I just watched it tonight on KSPS out of Spokane. A great concert and one that shouldn't be missed if your a fan of any of the players.

What I found interesting is that you see/hear Patty and her Charles Fox, EmmyLou and her Gibson, and Shawn with her signature Martin, all sounding just terrific.................and then there's Buddy Miller playing his Wandre, Danelectro inspired Jerry Jones baritone, and Fender acoustic proving that musicianship trumps everything else! Causes one to pause and think about that doesn't it?

Soundstage at it's best, watch it if you get the chance.

Archived