Gibson Brands Forums

Epiphone EB3

Tech21

Does an Epiphone EB3 count as a Gibson Bass?

'Cause if it does I've got one of them and it's very nice too.

It sounds very Andy Fraser-ish, especially on "The Stealer" and it is the most comfortable bass I have played, way better than Jazz and Precision bass's and the Rickenbacker 4000 series.

It looks like this one but with much deeper bevels and a much deeper colour and a better glossy finish and better grain to the wood showing through : -

epiphone-eb-3-sg-bass.jpg

Errr... so I realy suppose it doesn't look like this one at all, except for the shape and the pickups and the knobs being in the same place....

T21

Does an Epiphone EB3 count as a Gibson Bass?

'Cause if it does I've got one of them and it's very nice too.

It sounds very Andy Fraser-ish' date=' especially on "The Stealer" and it is the most comfortable bass I have played, way better than Jazz and Precision bass's and the Rickenbacker 4000 series.

It looks like this one but with much deeper bevels and a much deeper colour and a better glossy finish and better grain to the wood showing through : -

[img']http://taygun.files.wordpress.com/2008/03/epiphone-eb-3-sg-bass.jpg[/img]

Errr... so I realy suppose it doesn't look like this one at all, except for the shape and the pickups and the knobs being in the same place....

T21

technically, it does but since there is an Epiphone forum also,any technical questions wouls be refrred to that forum.

I can't find any fault with it, finish, looks or sound... I could do with a hard case for it though.

It was the same with my Epi 335, a really nice piece of kit with no faults. Nitpicking, it maybe needs a pair of 57's on it but it is well playable as it stands.

Cheers

T21

• 2 weeks later...

Nice bass! I have an Epi EB0, but am looking at the EB3 in the near future. Bought the EB0 because of the relatively short scale length as I have a SMALL room to practice in, and I'm a guitar player but needed a bass for recording! Didn't want to beat it up too bad!

Archived