Gibson Brands Forums

A rare Bozeman guitar

J185-4Me

Here's one you don't see often (and by "often", I mean "once every five years or less").

A J-1500: eBay listing

I've seen and played exactly one of these, about 10 years ago, at the Acoustic Guitar Store in Calgary Alberta. It - like this one - was sunburst.

This was the "middle child" in the siblings lineup of J-1000 (J-1000 at Gruhn's), J-1500 amd J-2000. The latter was produced for over ten years, while the J-1000 and J-1500 were only made for a year or so. I believe the J-1500 was made in the least numbers, perhaps a dozen or so of that model.

Anyhow, it's kind of neat to see one surface; thought some folks here might like to see it.

Fred

Any real difference between this and a J-185 cutaway' date=' aside from cosmetics?[/quote']

Rosewood body vs maple body, scale length is 25.4" on the J-1000-1500-2000, and I believe (could be wrong) that the J-185EC has the shorter 24.75" scale.

The ECs all come with electronics on board, typically with onboard sliders, battery, etc., while the others are generally absent of those features.

Fred

Archived