Gibson Brands Forums

New Strings

albertjohn

Changed the strings on my SWD last night. I'm doing a few songs with my singing partner Liz on Saturday at a fund raising event for a local church.

I found a pack of these, which I must have had for 3 or 4 years. They were sealed so I gave them a go.

I really took to the semi flat surface. No finger squeaking and very comfortable. The tone is very mellow and far less harsh and growly than I'm used to. Recently I've used Martin SP acoustics.

Great for finger picking but I strum mainly. They seem quieter, more cultured and less complicated - I could have been playing a Hummingbird!

Any experiences with these strings?

http://store.daddario.com/category/145813/EFT16_Light_12-53

I tried the medium EFT's on November 28/08. I keep a log of what I think of different strings I try and this is what I wrote about these: "Hated them when they first went on. Larry thought they dulled the highs. I thought they dulled the bass" It seems to me they grew on me tho'?

(Larry's my ex.... he's a guitar teacher)

I tried the medium EFT's on November 28/08. I keep a log of what I think of different strings I try and this is what I wrote about these: "Hated them when they first went on. Larry thought they dulled the highs. I thought they dulled the bass" It seems to me they grew on me tho'?

(Larry's my ex.... he's a guitar teacher)

What guitar did you have them on?

The SWD is a rather full on tone, growly with plenty of attitude and I do tend to strum hard. They are duller but on the SWD it took away alot of the complicated edge. My first impressions are good as the guitar has an altogether more cultured tone. It seems clearer and purer.

I think I may have nuetered my guitar!

Now where did I leave those hormone supplements?

Archived