Gibson Brands Forums

1964 Gibson GA15RVT Repair

tlsmith

I have an old Gibson GA15RVT that needs repair. I have replaced all of the tubes (all 5 of them) and still get no sound at all, not even a hum. All of the tubes light up bright and the little red light on the front of the amp lights up. What has gone wrong?

It could be a number of problems, but I would advise checking the speaker connections first , and also make sure the speaker is not dead.

You can test the speaker with a 9 volt battery as shown in this link.

http://www.soundspeakerrepair.com/speaker-parts-cp/Speaker-Testing-with-9-Battery/INST/Installation+Instructions/

If you find that your speaker is working properly and the speaker cables are good, and you still do not get any output at all, then I would suggest you bring the amp to a qualified tech to check the output transformer.

Good Luck

You might just have a bad fuse. It could be the boards output 1/2 amp fuse. Try replacing it. After you get that replaced and if it works fire it up and watch the tubes to see if 1 or more of them are red platting because thats one reason it may blow the output board fuse. If its red platting you have to get it baised by a pro

Archived