Gibson Brands Forums

So I was thinking about leaving the faded club...

Thundergod

So do you still own a Gibson?

Are you kicking me out [confused]

[bored]

Luckily I still do... 2 of them actually. Both white. There's this gibby that's got me GASsing hard and I will buy if in a couple of months that store still has it. An Original Robot just like yours. They got just one and never sold it, but they are missing half the charger (in the case there's a thing with a jack, but no transformer to plug it to the electricity, is that how it's suposed to come?).

Are you kicking me out [lol]

[lol]

Luckily I still do... 2 of them actually. Both white. There's this gibby that's got me GASsing hard and I will buy if in a couple of months that store still has it. An Original Robot just like yours. They got just one and never sold it' date=' but they are missing half the charger (in the case there's a thing with a jack, but no transformer to plug it to the electricity, is that how it's suposed to come?).[/quote']

Hey Thunder, grab that guitar the 1st run Robot I have is one of my best guitars.... Have you played it? They are amazing... The transformer is no big deal. I think all the Robots that went out of the states were shipped with no transformers because so many countries have different current and or plugs... Tell the music store it's supposed to be there though and try to get it for a better price... All you need is a 12volt output transformer. Mine is 12volt output 1.2amp max... Should be easy to find.

Nothing new to show til june or july... unless I buy some more pedals or an amp... but I doon't think that's gonna happen.

I will try to make the 19K post worth reading for you guys. [biggrin]

Anyway... I notice some of you guys aren't about to sell your guitars, I respect that, and while I like mine I always found it easy to part with them (some/most of them at least).

I think part of it is because I haven't found one that's irreplaceable.

I like guitars and most of the time I can find one that sounds great and plays good, some brands offer that kind of consistency on their product (jackson is a good example, fender USA too IMO). So why lose any sleep over material stuff? I won't [biggrin]

Also I sometimes feel like I want to play all of them, and own all of them at least for a while.

Now owning all of them would be a problem because of money and room. Also I think it's kind of a waste to have so many lying around while using only 2 or 3... so I like to sell some from time to time so that other guys who haven't been as lucky can enjoy them.

I think if I was made of money and had all the time and room in the world, I would still buy guitars and then get rid of them, but being made of money, I would give them for free to people who wanted to play a great instrument but couldn't affor it (as long as they are taking care of the really important stuff).

That's about it.[thumbup]

Archived