Gibson Brands Forums

Cigarette Smell

pohatu771

Then sell it and quit your ****ing whining!

It's people like you that have put many restaurants' date=' bars and [b']musicians[/b] out of business. Selling a guitar is not covered under the "fair housing act", the seller had no obligation to disclose the fact that he might have been a smoker, if it's such a big deal, why didn't you ask? And if you "don't care too much about this guitar's history", you're just like the rest of the "collectors", looking to screw somebody out of a vintage piece for profit, I suppose you got it for a "great" deal.

Live and learn, and in the words of Frank Zappa, maybe you ought to stay closer to "church oriented activities", but stay out of the music business, I'm having enough trouble making a living as a musician as it is! Maybe you ought to apply for a job with the NSA.

so nice, so polite. when i read the original post it came over as a legitimate question.

regarding the "It's people like you that have put many restaurants, bars and musicians out of business."

the reply could be said that its people like you that have caused deaths of non smokers from inhaling the crap you breath out.

i'm not going to get into a pros/cons of smoking because it doesnt particularly bother me, i was more irritated with the rude reply.

i would suggest giving the guitar a good wipe down and keep it out of its case for the next while. possibly some cedar chips or another suggestion may be to dab a few drops of sandalwood oil to the inside of the guitar.

Archived