Gibson Brands Forums

Help me wire my pups...*please"

duane v

[blush]

See the images below and let me know which wire goes to what terminals.

The yellow wire on the neck pup is the lead wire...blue is ground.

Also the pot with red mark is the tone... the bridge ground was connected to that pot, (so I know where that wire belongs.

The pup switch selector is in the lead position.

If you could use the images as the wiring diagram that would really help [cool]

Thanx

P2200123.jpg

P2200126.jpg

The lead wire should be soldered to the first post of the volume pot, it will share the spot with the capacitor. The ground wire should be soldered to the top of the volume pot. It's kinda hard to tell from the pics, if you check out the Seymour Duncan site there is a myriad of wiring diagrams that might help you.

I took woodshop when I was in highschool. One of the projects was a pencil holder that consisted of three slabs of wood stacked on top of each other, each piece smaller than the next going up. Part of the project was making the base piece square; to get it square, you had to use a plane to keep shaving down the sides until it was right.

After the base was square, you took the piece of wood to the shop teacher who would put it on a large piece of wood that had three lines drawn on it, each encompassing a square area inside of the other and they were labeled "A" "B" and C." The smaller your base, the lower your grade. My base was way inside of the "C" range so the shop teacher took his pencil, traced my base and labeled the new mark "D."

I'd love to help you, but I take my guitars to a tech.

I cannot make a drawing right now, but I think the shielding goes to the volume pot's top. The other wire should go to the switch, same for the other pickup. Then from the switch to the vol pot's 1st terminal (the one that has nothing soldered to it yet).

I think it's that way, I would have to go to my place and take a look at my melody maker to be sure about how I wired her tho.

Archived