Gibson Brands Forums

Just bought my first Gibson...

GuitarJunkie

... this month!!!!

Well, technically I haven't bought one since late january. I dropped in to Lauzon Music the other day to pick up the nickel covers for my faded tobacco LP Standard. They were checking out the Virtuoso job on it and commented on what a great value the faded LPs were and it's too bad they're discontinued. I told Dave that they were still making them with the '50s neck (he had called Yorkville (the canadian distributor) earlier this year and they said they had none left and none on order). He called again and asked if they had a faded, '50s neck honeyburst. The next words he uttered sealed my fate...

"Oh really? Can you send me one?"

The last thing I needed was another Gibson. Oh, who am I kidding? I can always use another Gibson!!! I told him if it had a decent top to call me. Well four days later the call came. Today I went to check it out and, long story short...

lpf_hb02.jpg

lpf_hb01.jpg

When I get more time and some better light, I'll get some shots that really show the flame. It's not crazy flame, but it is very 3-D. I can't wait to polish this one. I already have the pickup covers on order.

Here's a shot of it with my faded tobacco burst...

lpf_pair.jpg

I tried it out for about 15 minutes at the shop and it feels and sounds great. I might bring the action up a bit. I was told the faded LPs are now plekked' date=' so now they come set up pretty low.[/quote']

Did you catch the Plek thread in this section yet? Also, over in Customs, Admin confirmed that right now they Plek all of their Custom Shop guitars, and another forum member mentioned Gibson is supposed to be adding more Plek machines, so it sounds like they may do the non-custom shops in the future too....?

Archived