Gibson Brands Forums

When did they discountine the SG raw power?

dem00n

Speaking of the Raw Power series...

When I saw the Raw Power LP, a little motor started whirring in my head. I immediately thought "L6-S," one of my dream guitars. I decided that if I were going to get an LP Raw Power, I'd be sure to make cosmetic modifications in that direction. This works well because, first of all, both models have maple bodies. Also I hate the translucent pickguard on the Raw Power, but I love the pickguard on the L6-S, so I'd probably custom-cut a guard to follow the body contour like on the L6-S. This would probably be the extent of the changes at first, but later on I'd consider doing a custom wiring job on it to reproduce the control scheme on the L6-S. This would require extensive modifications, but it would probably be some fun at the same time. Then, if I were feeling really "saucy," I might try to find the pickups that were used in the L6-S. But probably not. It sounds like a lot of fun, and the results sound great, but honestly, I don't think it would be worth it. After all, from my experience the LP Raw power is a very cool guitar.

But this is still on the back-burner. If I don't get a genuine used L6-S, this will probably end up happening.

Oh, and sorry I hijacked your thread.

Archived