Gibson Brands Forums

Fakes & Copies Gibson Club

GibsonAlmighty

I wish I can have a garden like that.

Are you using fertilizer or just compost? :(

Both. All organic stuff. By the end of the season the growing medium is more fertile than when we started. We scoop it out, freshen it with new components and reuse it.

Cruznolfart' date=' that one off is a beauty. I love the blue. Never had a blue guitar in my life.[/quote']

Thanks, Jared, it still knocks me out, even after all these years. I gotta tell ya, though, I've been admiring that natural of yours, too. I don't recall seeing that finish before, it's quite beautiful.

Cruz, nice garden, it really compliments those beauties. A tribute to your dad eh? I know he would be proud. But what would he think about that garden? (rhetorical question) I knew you farmed but had no idea. I could tell u stories... got a "cuzn"olfart in south Ga. Oh the stories... memories... and more stories. I guess the sticky purple hairs come later in the season...

Cruz' date=' nice garden, it really compliments those beauties. A tribute to your dad eh? I know he would be proud. But what would he think about that garden? (rhetorical question) I knew you farmed but had no idea. I could tell u stories... got a "cuzn"olfart in south Ga. Oh the stories... memories... and more stories. I guess the sticky purple hairs come later in the season...

[/quote']

Heh heh, I suspect Dad's response would have varied depending upon the place he was in his life at the time. At this point I think he'd very much understand. I'd love to ask him.

The pictured strain is a Hawaiian/skunk cross. Doesn't get very purple 'till after the real chilly weather hits, which is usually a couple weeks after harvest. There are other genetics around, though. We're looking at something called Black Widow, which is a purple strain. Not sure how it performs outdoors in our limited season, though. Have to attend a couple growers meetings down to the Grange Hall. [crying]

Roger that on the B. Widow, have heard of it myself ---> and so has my cuz....LOL. My cuz has no sens-a-melia.... LOL, but he once had all the sens... you could stand. Piney, sticky, 18-20 ft. tall trees - he favored the females and eliminated all males of the species. The buds were 18-20 inches long but I never got to see them flower out... but that seems like another life time. It was another life time...who am I fooling.

I had this Epiphone for about 6 months' date=' after I bought my humble Gibson Les Paul Vintage Mahogany the Epi had to go.

No regrets at all, my wife wanted me to keep it just because it was so pretty..

[img']http://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m44/jorgeasc/Picture463.jpg[/img]

Your wife was right Stiffhand! You should have kept it, even if all you had to do is hang it on your Studio wall!

HPIM1033.jpg

It wasn't cheap; the inlay alone was about $1200.00...back then! But the whole shebang was still under $3500.00 and I got a one-off' date=' real custom in about 8 months or so waiting. Spec'd off the Lester body and the Epi Del Rey neck profile, with a proprietary modification here and there to keep it in-house for Benavente.[/quote']

Ain't nothing fake about it Cruz... A truly unique guitar. Congrats man!

I hope someday I can have my own Custom-made instrument...

Archived