Gibson Brands Forums

Help with a problem please?

Flight959

Guys,

My knowledge of all things electrical wouldn't fill the back of a postage stamp.

I pulled my R9 out for her Sunday beating and I noticed that she sounded dull/muddy. Now am I going mad.... 2 Knobs are the individual volume controls (2 front ones) for each pup and the other two (2 towards the rear) are Tone controls for each pup right??

With the pickup selector switch in the middle position, each volume knob should control the level of each pup right? On mine, unless the Bridge Pup volume knob is turned UP then the Neck pup cant be heard, in otherwords if I turn the Bridge pup right down I cant do anything to control the neck volume coz I cant hear it.

With the selector in the bridge or neck position the pickups work fine...

Am I going mad???

Regards

Am I going mad???

Quite possibly.

But as far as the guitar goes;

Check out your wiring as-per the various schematics on the 'net. As I told you the other day; someone furked up my Seymour Duncans installation and if they are not wired up properly then confusion will ensue.

Bear in mind that when Historics are wired up correctly both tone knobs can influence the other. Any knob set to '0' for instance may become a 'kill switch'...

You have been warned!

Archived