Gibson Brands Forums

Buff pedal

Hthomas

You don't know what a buff pedal is?

What are you doing here then? Every guitarist knows what a buff pedal is.

Actually I'm kidding... I'm as lost as you are about it. Maybe he meant a Boost pedal? Or maybe it's the name of a pedal or fx I haven't heard about...

I'll google it.

Googled it... turns out there are some brands that make/sell Buff pedals... from what I just read they are supposed to be a buffer.

Buffer for what? between what? Why is that needed to achieve guitar-cable-amp 70's tone?

I'll have to read a little more into it. [thumbup]

Are all of your 8 pedals true bypass?

In general pedals are either true bypass or buffered.

For instance most Boss pedals have a buffer.

Also a lot of amplifiers have a buffered effects loop, depending on the amplifier design.

how many pedals would you say is alot? I have 8. and use a 20ft cable from amp to pedal board. and a wireless sytem for a guitar/ or a 40ft bullet cable coil cord

Well, do a test. Skip the wireless, go all cable. Connect though all the pedals but leave them all off so you are hearing the guitar straight to the amp. Then take a normal length cable and just go from the guitar straight into the amp. Do you hear any clear difference compared to going through all the pedals and extra cables? If you do, then you might need a buffer.

Wasn't very much difference SHO. But when u plugged the wireless back in. The signal is much stronger and thicker through wireless and pedal board. Using a cord through the pedal board it wasn't as strong at wireless system.

Archived