Gibson Brands Forums

nashville, TN.

EVOL!

I am going to Nashville this weekend, Thursday thru Sunday. Any recommended places to stop. I want to dig into some BBQ (what kind to they have down there? Can I get some Memphis ribs?) and at least one guitar place. What about Gibson tours?

Thanks in advance.

Can't do a tour. When I was in Nashville I stopped by the factory and the guy at the front desk said they don't give tour's in Nashville just in Memphis and Montana. The Gibson showcase out by the Grand ole Opry is cool but doesn't have as many guitars as you may think, although if you go during working hours they have a glass wall where you can see people making banjo's. I think they local Guitar Center on Thompson lane was quite the nice experience it pail's in comparison to GC Hollywood, but it is still quite the place to go. The local Sam Ash was also pretty cool I thought, and of course you can't forget Gruhn's guitars. You'll see some great vintage stuff there.

As for good BBQ, well I'm a vegetarian so your guess is as good as mine [biggrin]

Jack's BBQ is nestled right between the Honky Tonk Bars on Broadway, good BBQ, if there is a long line do not get discouraged, it goes by fairly fast and there is more sitting upstairs. I usually get the Tennessee Pork shoulder sandwich, the jumbo version which is not as big as the name implies. Hopefully you get lucky and they have just pulled a shoulder out of the smoker (that is the positive side of a long line, they go through meat faster).

Memphis Style Ribs may be elusive here in town, every time I see a Sticky Fingers restaurant when I am traveling that is what I get.

Gruhn guitars is just 2 or 3 blocks away on Broadway on the same side of the street as Jack's.

The Gibson Showcase does not stock but half the guitars they used to, that place was a real treat but not right now.

Music Stores, what can I suggest....you are coming from Chicago...you have it all....

Larger stores

- Guitar Center (the Yellow Porch is pretty much across the street, if you are coming with the wife and want a nice dinner in a non-pretentous place).

- Sam Ash (too far, not worth it)

More "local"

- Gruhn's

- Corner Music (on 12th Ave)

- World Music Nashville (outside of town but on the way to the Loveless Cafe a Nashville staple)

- Rock Block Guitars (West End Area, several music venues nearby, like the Exit/In)

From the "I have not been in forever" category

- Valley Arts Guitars

- Chambers Guitars

Need any more info? PM me, need anything while in town? (other than bail) let me know.

Archived