Gibson Brands Forums

Capo Query?

Murph

DSCN4902.jpg

I have a few capos.

I like the Victor' date=' also like the Paige, Planet waves too.

Mostly I like the one I can find....[/quote']

Back when I started playing, I had one of those in the upper left-hand corner, with the springy thing and cork pads. Would love to get one again, but I can't find that they're even still made.

I've been renting "The Flatt & Scruggs Grand Ol' Opry TV Show" from Netflix and Lester used one of those capos. As does Earl, who was a stylin' guitar player in addition to his genius on the banjo.

Well, being reasonably new to guitars (but not to musical instruments) I look at what most pros are playing with. By Pro I mean someone who is getting paid to play be it locally or internationally. There must be a reason why the pros use Shubbs (and simular type) over Keyser-and that reason has already been touched on-the Kysers tend to pull the strings sharp and since there is no adjustment there is no easy way to compensate other than retune each string.

The adjustable capos have the advantage. The one that I am looking at is "the spyder" where you can capo or not each individual string. currently available for guitars, and I understand they are working on a model for banjos and mandolins as well. Price wise the spyders are not that bad about the same price as a Shubb.

Archived