Gibson Brands Forums

Fingerstyle.......

Murph

Ouch.

When I bought my J-45RW I joined the old Gibson Forums and played both with pick, and fingerstyle.

The last 4/5 years gigging electric has made my right fingers soft.

[biggrin]

Only one way to fix that.....

Never went through that as I also played the electric with my fingers. I am now shooting at trying to fingerpick a Gibson mandolin I picked up a couple of months back. Talk about tough. Between the string tension and trying to get volume out of the thing my fingers feel like hamburger. Been having a good time with Robert Johnson's "32-20 Blues" and some Blind Blake though.

Ouch.

When I bought my J-45RW I joined the old Gibson Forums and played both with pick' date=' and fingerstyle.

The last 4/5 years gigging electric has made my right fingers soft.

[confused

Only one way to fix that.....

You could become a dentist!!

Never went through that as I also played the electric with my fingers. I am now shooting at trying to fingerpick a Gibson mandolin I picked up a couple of months back. Talk about tough. Between the string tension and trying to get volume out of the thing my fingers feel like hamburger. Been having a good time with Robert Johnson's "32-20 Blues" and some Blind Blake though.

Wow, I see you have a 1913 A.

I bought Scotty Stonemans 1933 A-00 from George Gruhn a few years ago. I use a Dunlop Tortex on it.

Archived