Gibson Brands Forums

Good Mail Order Gibson Dealers?

ces1965

Are there better choices than Musician's Friend and Guitar Center? That is probably a dumb question - but I'm not familiar with any names of dealers with good service and prices. If they are 3-4 hours drive from DC, even better. Thanks.

I bought from Gruhn's Sight unseen when they were still a Gibson dealer. J-100 was perfect when I received it. Last year I bought a J-45 from First Quality over the internet. Once again guitar was perfect and set up was so good I haven't had to have it adjusted yet. I've had the guitar almost a year. I must admit I was probably lucky to have bought like that and neither guitar to have a problem.

CES.. There's a place in New Jersey called Robbie's music. I haven't bought anything there, but they have a nice selection of equipment. Their prices were "close" to Guitar Centers (there's a GC about a mile from the store). Also they seemed like decent folks.

They are listed by Gibson as an authorized seller and show Gibson as one of the brands they carry, but when I checked their inventory for Gibson nothing shows????? The last time I was there, about 3 months ago, they had a pretty fair selection of Gibsons (Martin, Gretsch, Taylor, Guild, Rainsong, etc).

http://robbiesmusiccity.com/shop/

If your looking for used.. Lark Street is in Teaneck NJ.

http://www.larkstreetmusic.com/

Fuller's Vintage Guitars in Houston, TX is an excellent dealer, though their inventory is not online right now. Still, worth a phone call.

Link to Fuller's Vintage Guitars

Wildwood Guitars' website shows actual pictures of each guitar in stock. I have not bought from them, but I hear their service is very good.

Link to Wildwood Guitars

The folks at Music Villa in Bozeman, MT are great to deal with. Like Fuller's, you'll have to call find out what they have in stock.

Link to Muisc Villa

I liked Outlaw Music in Missoula, MT very much. It's small shop, but nice folks. Again, Gibson's wacky policies prevent them from posting their inventory.

Link to Outlaw Music

You can also try Musician's Friend/Music 123/Guitar Center's (all the same company) online competitors like Sweetwater (they post pictures of the actual guitar you're buying), or Sameday Music/ZZounds/American Musical Supply (all the same company, too).

Red 333

Fullers Houston

I just got this J45 Custom Shop That I special ordered from Gibson through them.

Jeremy was a very easy person to work with .

100% satisfied.

DSCN1025.jpg

They were outstanding in their support and service.

I will buy again from them.

Archived