Gibson Brands Forums

Give a new Gibson for a gift=No warranty

LerxstLee

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Candle?

Nah' date=' this generation simply flips open their cell phone for a flashlight.

Cell phone dead = S.O.L.[/quote']

I consider the hassle of getting warranty against the inconvenience it would cause me. For instance, when the front shock bracket broke on my motor home, I could have taken it to Oakland for a warranty repair. This would mean spending the good portion of a day there, or getting someone to pick me up, take me to work, take me back later in the day, then driving it home...or... contact "Workhorse", (the chassis manufacturer), have them send me the bracket & shock, (the shock was damaged when the bracket broke), and I put it on myself. That took me about 45 minutes. Free part, my labor. Workhorse was happy 'cause they saved a couple of hundred dollars, I was happy 'cause I saved myself $50/$60 in fuel, and several hours and all the hassle.

For me, I wouldn't pack up my guitar and send it off for warranty work unless that was the ONLY way to get it fixed. I would have "lived with it" or taken it to a luthier for the repair. But that's just me.

I do that every now and then; too embarrassed to use the keychain light my daughter gave me. Its a cow and both nostrils have a led in them and the cow "moooooo's" when you put the button to get the light. Its like its real late or very early in the morning the outside light is off and you need to get in the house. Do you use the cow or a quiet cell phone?

You probably couldn't light a candle in California anyway.....first, you have to check with the Air Resources Board web site to determine if it's a "spare the air day" or not...then you have apply for a permit to have an open flame, acquire at least a 5 lb Class C extinguisher, keep the open flame at least 150' from any structure.....better to just complain!!!

OK maybe people just don't read my posts; I called Gibson. They have ways to get around this Gift Issue and they do get around it. This isn't the only present of a guitar ever in history. Just think of all the brats with executives for parents who buy off their kids' date=' Wives to Husbands etc..... Call Gibson yourselves rather than feel sorry here. There are pieces of this story still missing. [/quote']

What do you think is missing? He said he had an RMA# so they must have thought it needed warranty or they

wouldn't have gave him one.

I read all your posts and called both my dealer and Gibson they both told me

it says on the warranty card the original purchaser. So I asked about gifts and there was silence and confusion

He went and checked on this type of sale (very nice guy to talk to Darrel) and was going to have

his supervisor check the forum and contact him and take care of it.

They also added that when purchasing a Gibson to have both names put on the recite. So hopefully they will contact him and

get him taken care of.

CW

I think the bit about reading Jocko's stuff is really well taken.

I also hope that folks read Blackie's comment about leaving some spaces in long paragraphs and blocks of text because that does become almost impossible to read.

And... I'm glad I'm not Duane because I'd hate to be a mod when people are going off with part info.

Unfortunately I'll add that I think think we have two aspects of current culture going here which are mutually exclusive and have, in ways, far less to do with Gibson or any other company and far more with society as a whole.

1. We expect more but wanna pay less; we don't read the fine print and we get nasty and pull away from potential conflict with really bad things to say about others rather than really attempting to resolve the situation. Then if we don't get the resolution we want, we make lotsa noise about it.

2. Corporate structures are stressed too - and that means the people in them are stressed. When there's a conflict, the internal stresses of the corporate structure mean that those in it may not respond the way one might wish. But in their defense, as the saying goes, when you're up to your donkey in alligators, it's hard to remember you're there to drain the swamp.

Also, I'm still not sure we're hearing all the story.

OTOH, I do think it may be good advice to have a cupla names on stuff. In fact, I'd say that one of the greatest frustrations of today's world is figuring out people's names. Long story on that, though. <grin>

m

Archived