Gibson Brands Forums

Which Fuzz!?

Micsan28

I just messed with nobs until I got it to sound good, and good is based on what amp I am playing through

when I play it @ church, I mess with the low pass filter, and the crunch knob, and the sustain knob, and dial it in until it sounds good, then I do the same when I gig with a little 1x15 combo from the 60s, then I do the same when I play through my big marshall stacks

what I like about it, is it has enough knobs to let me dial in the right sound

I used to own this pedal and I can vouch that it is pretty sweet and will give you that Communication Breakdown sound if you play a Tele through it. I sold mine because that was not the sound I was looking for & I needed the extra cash for my Fuzz Factory. One thing to note about the Yardbox - some of the pots work in reverse (counter clockwise).

I didn't think it was that bad... But how did you adjust your pots when you got it? So I have a basis

And Dub T- It was just the standard Big Muff Pi USA. That's how I use a fuzz too' date=' create a giant wall of sound with power chords, but some single notes and stuff, but mainly for power chords.[/quote']

I said I don't use it for big power chord stuff. There's a time and place for that but most of the time my music is power chord free. I haven't been using any distortion in my new stuff. Just straight into the AC

Archived