Gibson Brands Forums

Can you tell me anything about this guitar?

Fubba

I've got an old Gibson acoustic I bought off of a guy for $150 as my first guitar when I was 11 which was 12 years ago. It's a beautiful guitar and sounds better than anything I've ever played (which hasn't been VERY much). It's in DECENT condition and has definitely been played. It could use some work, but I don't want to devalue it if it's worth anything at all. The numbers on the back of the headstock are 400239. Here are a few pictures:

guitar002.jpg

guitar003.jpg

guitar004.jpg

guitar005.jpg

guitar006.jpg

guitar001.jpg

I've got an old Gibson acoustic I bought off of a guy for $150 as my first guitar when I was 11 which was 12 years ago. It's a beautiful guitar and sounds better than anything I've ever played (which hasn't been VERY much). It's in DECENT condition and has definitely been played. It could use some work' date=' but I don't want to devalue it if it's worth anything at all. The numbers on the back of the headstock are 400239. Here are a few pictures:

[/quote']

I'll give ya $200 right now! (HEY, that's a $50 profit!)

Well the finish is worn and there are a few scratches. The bridge needs a lot of work along with the tuners. It probably needs refretting too. Do you know how much it would be worth? Any more than what I paid for it?

Don't touch the finish. Leave it be. The tuners don't appear to be original but if they function, leave them be too. As to refretting, I'd have to see it up close; sometimes a dressing is all they need. You could spend $200-$300 on a refret.

As to the bridge, it looks like it has a plastic bridge, is that so? If so, it's common for them to go bad and a replacement isn't horribly expensive.

I'm sure you could get anywhere from $400-$500 as is, maybe more. In fact I've seen them go for downright stupid money on ebay if more than one person is hot for it. If you're looking to sell, you're better off selling as is.

Archived