Gibson Brands Forums

Real or fake?

Thundergod

Ok, I just wanted to make sure as the guy is taking it back to the place he bought it from.

What I could make out from his tiny pics:

aparently no nibs.

wrong knob placement

typical chinese counterfeit pickguard

weird bridge

chinese (epi style) bridge

did anyone else find the TRC weird? (like it's shaped to cover 2 screw holes near the nut instead of one?)

Sorry I thought I posted his headstock pic... let me see if I can find it (he said them pics were big til he uploaded them to photobucket).

Headstock:

9i8h7XqfH0ttvcqu5f8J0.jpg

I suspect with something as obvious as mis-placed pots, a Gibson-like headstock won't make it less fake.

I know' date=' pot placement was the first thing that got my attention, I was like WTF is this guitar?[/quote']

Manufacturers of guitars with pirated logos are... pirates and as such do not leave much evidence of their identities. Suffice it to say it is a fake.

Manufacturers of guitars with pirated logos are... pirates and as such do not leave much evidence of their identities. Suffice it to say it is a fake.

Yeah, I know that, it's not like I was asking "what brand is that guitar" more like "WTF is that guitar (suposed to be and who the hell thought it would get past me).

Maybe that makes more sense. I know sometimes what one is tryin' to say gets lost when it's writen down.

Archived