Gibson Brands Forums

Hey Fred

Andre S

Thanks. Pretty cool vids. I am torn right now. Part of me wants to buy a used MIM strat, tear out the pups, and neck. Sell them for whatever, get a Warmoth neck and different pups. The other part of me wants to go all Warmoth neck and body, Antiquity pickups, Callaham Trem, and just wait to finish it. Total will be about 1200 for everything (body, neck, pickguard, parts, tuner, everything), but it will be well worth it.

I hope to get a job at SamAsh soon, just sending in my application, so I hope I can make some semi decent money

Thanks. Pretty cool vids. I am torn right now. Part of me wants to buy a used MIM strat' date=' tear out the pups, and neck. Sell them for whatever, get a Warmoth neck and different pups. The other part of me wants to go all Warmoth neck and body, Antiquity pickups, Callaham Trem, and just wait to finish it. Total will be about 1200 for everything (body, neck, pickguard, parts, tuner, everything), but it will be well worth it.

I hope to get a job at SamAsh soon, just sending in my application, so I hope I can make some semi decent money [/quote']

That guy did it with a MIM and said a good strat came up to 600 and a very good one for 800

I am considering buying the American Standard.

What happened to the GAS for the 335/339?

That guy did it with a MIM and said a good strat came up to 600 and a very good one for 800

I am considering buying the American Standard.

What happened to the GAS for the 335/339?

Still there. I started playing strats, and got a real hard one for the tone. I started playing a lot more blues-ish stuff, and for that, it suits me better. I have considered an American Standard, but I can't find one that really fits me, there is always something I want to change.

Right now, biggest thing for me is deciding between trem or hard tail, and SSS or HSS.

Honestly, I want a Strat, a 335 or 339, and another LP. Throw in an acoustic, and I am set for a LONG time. Now amps on the other hand... I have a problem with those lol.

The only thing is, I want a Strat, and I want it to be the best it can be for me.

Still there. I started playing strats' date=' and got a real hard one for the tone. I started playing a lot more blues-ish stuff, and for that, it suits me better. I have considered an American Standard, but I can't find one that really fits me, there is always something I want to change.

Right now, biggest thing for me is deciding between trem or hard tail, and SSS or HSS.

Honestly, I want a Strat, a 335 or 339, and another LP. Throw in an acoustic, and I am set for a LONG time. Now amps on the other hand... I have a problem with those lol.

The only thing is, I want a Strat, and I want it to be the best it can be for me.[/quote']

Whoa!

Our taste in future guitars is extremely close!!

I would love another LP, a 335, SG and a Strat, I like my acoustic

On the other hand, I am fully converted to loving small tube amps like the champion 600 and the such, They sound great!

But similarly for amps, I think those, save maybe the champion 600 ( for its convenience in terms of size) for me would be a little less permanent, but of course only if I can sell mine for a decent price.

Right now, to fund an acoustic pickup and a piezo I am trying to sell my classical guitar and my Line 6 as well as PS2 and games.... :0

Its not going well...I still have everything I mentioned. [biggrin]

I am going to try to get a job in my local store, I have a strange feeling that I know more about guitars than they do...considering they tried to sell me 13 gauge strings when they were out of 10 and told me there was no truss rod to adjust in my electric...

Whoa!

Our taste in future guitars is extremely close!!

I would love another LP' date=' a 335, SG and a Strat, I like my acoustic

On the other hand, I am fully converted to loving small tube amps like the champion 600 and the such, They sound great!

But similarly for amps, I think those, save maybe the champion 600 ( for its convenience in terms of size) for me would be a little less permanent, but of course only if I can sell mine for a decent price.

Right now, to fund an acoustic pickup and a piezo I am trying to sell my classical guitar and my Line 6 as well as PS2 and games.... :0

Its not going well...I still have everything I mentioned. [biggrin

But similarly I am going to try to get a job in my local store, I have a strange feeling that I know more about guitars than they do...considering they tried to sell me 13 gauge strings when they were out of 10 and told me there was no truss rod to adjust in my electric...

Haha, I love semi hollowbodies, strats, and another LP because "you can't have just one!"

Smaller tube amps are god's gift to earth! I want an AC4, Night Train, Dual Terror, Class5, Vibro Champ (or whichever one is 5 watts), and that's all I can think of off the top of my head [lol]

Haha' date=' I love semi hollowbodies, strats, and another LP because "you can't have just one!"[/quote']

don't you wish parents could see that!? [biggrin]

Smaller tube amps are god's gift to earth! I want an AC4' date=' Night Train, Dual Terror, Class5, Vibro Champ (or whichever one is 5 watts), and that's all I can think of off the top of my head [lol']

lol, I realized small amps in small spaces is definitely the way to go. At one point after I got my LP, I was trying to convince my parents that I was going to save and buy a marshall full stack, at that point I would have happily put it on the bed and slept on the floor...squished among other gear...

The super champ and vibro champ are awesome, have the first one, but the pure tube amps are still much better, like the Vox AC4, the Champion 600, the Epiphone Valve Senior and relatively small the Epiphone Blues Custom...

don't you wish parents could see that!? [biggrin]

lol' date=' I realized small amps in small spaces is definitely the way to go. At one point after I got my LP, I was trying to convince my parents that I was going to save and buy a marshall full stack, at that point I would have happily put it on the bed and slept on the floor...squished among other gear...

The super champ and vibro champ are awesome, have the first one, but the pure tube amps are still much better, like the Vox AC4, the Champion 600, the Epiphone Valve Senior and relatively small the Epiphone Blues Custom...[/quote']

For playing out, I have the Sunn, Unless I really need it, I don't see much else.

For practicing/recording/noodling around, I don't see anything better than small amps. Night Train and Dual Terror are very giggable for smaller situations. AC4, Class5, just kick ***!

For playing out' date=' I have the Sunn, Unless I really need it, I don't see much else.

For practicing/recording/noodling around, I don't see anything better than small amps. Night Train and Dual Terror are very giggable for smaller situations. AC4, Class5, just kick ***!

[/quote']

Oh yea forgot the Class 5...that would make a nice addition had I not bought the SCXD...

but for thoses one knob amps pedals are saviours for variation...

I can't seem to get any overdrive at all from my champion 600 even with all the knobs on full

Archived