Gibson Brands Forums

Getting a Gibson Les Paul

MarceloAllende

Hi there folks.

Well, I love Les Paul guitars so much, but never had an opportunity to get a Gibson. So I just mess around with me Epiphone ones, till now.

I just got the money to buy a Gibson, so I came here to ask your opinion about the ones I want.

I have 2 guitars: Epiphone Les Paul Slash's Snakepit Signature and Epiphone ES 335 Dot.

The Les Paul is a Classic one, with a slim neck profile, which make me feel so comfortable to play. I think it's meant to be a 60s neck. Am I right?

The ES 335 has a larger neck profile. It's not as good as the Les Paul. Is it a 50s neck?

I just introduced that because the Gibson I want is with a slim neck profile.

I just though about Les Paul VOS Reissue Standard models, but I'm not sure it has a 60s neck.

Has the ES 335 Dot a 60s neck?

Which Standard Les Pauls has 60s neck?

Don't know if I make myself clear, since my english is not so good.

Hope u guys help me.

Thanks!

Try logging in at;

http://www2.gibson.com/Products/Electric-Guitars/Les-Paul

All the information you need should be there. Take a look at the 'Traditional' or the 'Standard'. Both are reasonably priced - at least here in Canada' date=' and both continue to be rated highly.

Good luck! [/quote']

But remember if you are looking specifically for a 60's slim neck, the tradition PRO is the one, NOT the PLUS.

The plus has a chunkier neck.

Anything before mid 1960 will have the 50's neck or a slightly larger version of the 60's neck. The ones made later in 1960 had the 60's slim taper neck. All Classics and Classic Antiques have the 60's slim taper.

If it is a VOS 50's, it probably will have a 50's (thicker) neck profile.

Archived