Gibson Brands Forums

Danville Rob, and group.....N. Cal. get together in mid-June?????

onewilyfool

I'm still interested, taxes paid, recent project just finished....ready to go!!! It would be nice if we could get at least one Brit to attend, maybe a Canadian (GG???) Let's get this party started. Mods, please don't bury this post in "Introducing Yourself" section again....lol

I'm still interested' date=' taxes paid, recent project just finished....ready to go!!! It would be nice if we could get at least one Brit to attend, maybe a Canadian (GG???) Let's get this party started. Mods, please don't bury this post in "Introducing Yourself" section again....lol[/quote']

I'm with you... I have a big dog show I put on June 9 -13.

I leave for Ireland the last week in July, (assumin' the volcano ain't screwin' up air travel stilll).

Any time in between I'm ready to go.

Bob

I'm still interested' date=' taxes paid, recent project just finished....ready to go!!! It would be nice if we could get at least one Brit to attend, maybe a Canadian (GG???) Let's get this party started. Mods, please don't bury this post in "Introducing Yourself" section again....lol[/quote']

Well...it is nearly the end of April and it was 49F at noon today with a few lite rain showers left over from the torrential rains we had all week. (I am above Sacramento,CA) Yes this year........ I think Mid-June would be good timing to make sure we don't end up with cool or even wet weather. I don't want to spoil the awesome BBQ in Rob's spectacular Back Yard on Sunday with rain [biggrin]

Yes...please count me in. I would bring my Lovely Wife ( I am assuming spouses and sig. others are included?)and we would probably try to get there Friday evening...stay in a local hotel and head out early Sunday afternoon.

If the group is amenable...I think we should be willing to really try to accommodate...dates, hotels, airport pick ups, loaner instruments...etc...etc. for anyone who would be coming from a long distance if they think they can make it ....GGirl.... Our Limey Friends....You damned Canuks ....Eastern Europe ...etc.

Do we still have Danville Rob's back yard for at least one afternoon ?? Did anyone look into local guitar shops or Music schools where we could meet up and spend the day Saturday ?

Wonder if one of the mods here might be able to contact Gibson to see if we can get some Schwag ...Maybe a Keb'Mo Sig model to raffle off ?? Heck.....even a few Gibson Leather straps and some pump polish etc....

This could be really fun!!!

Well...it is nearly the end of April and it was 49F at noon today with a few lite rain showers left over from the torrential rains we had all week. (I am above Sacramento' date='CA) Yes this year........ I think Mid-June would be good timing to make sure we don't end up with cool or even wet weather. I don't want to spoil the awesome BBQ in Rob's spectacular Back Yard on Sunday with rain [biggrin

Yes...please count me in. I would bring my Lovely Wife ( I am assuming spouses and sig. others are included?)and we would probably try to get there Friday evening...stay in a local hotel and head out early Sunday afternoon.

If the group is amenable...I think we should be willing to really try to accommodate...dates, hotels, airport pick ups, loaner instruments...etc...etc. for anyone who would be coming from a long distance if they think they can make it ....GGirl.... Our Limey Friends....You damned Canuks ....Eastern Europe ...etc.

Do we still have Danville Rob's back yard for at least one afternoon ?? Did anyone look into local guitar shops or Music schools where we could meet up and spend the day Saturday ?

Wonder if one of the mods here might be able to contact Gibson to see if we can get some Schwag ...Maybe a Keb'Mo Sig model to raffle off ?? Heck.....even a few Gibson Leather straps and some pump polish etc....

This could be really fun!!!

Don't know about "spectacular", but my backyard is available on a Sunday Afternoon. Could be hot, but could be "mild", rain would be unusual.

Wives and SO's would be welcome, but not both, (ever try to clean up blood off of redwood?).

I never contacted GC in Concord, but was never expecting anything from them for this. The place I did contact, never returned my call.

For people who come out, there is LOTS to do in the SF Bay Area besides jam. Saturday could include: Napa Valley, Carmel, Yosemite, Halfmoon Bay, Pier 39, etc....etc....etc.....

I have discussed getting a drummer, (his wife works for me ), and he said he'd bring over a trap set. I should be able to get a PA set up, (maybe even a sound guy to record it).

Archived