Gibson Brands Forums

Greeny Mod

deepblue

I did the Peter Green mod. I didnt use my BB's, I ordered a set of '67 Greens from WB Pickups.

I dont know why I didnt do this sooner.

The out of phase tone isnt for everyone. I understand that, but if you enjoy the tone and were on the fence

about doing the mod, take it from me....DO IT!

The set I ordered are limited production and use actual pickup wire from 1967....make a diff?

who knows...but it does add some cool mojo to the pups.

If interested...

http://www.wbpickups.com/pickups_bcrgreens.php

Did you switch pole-piece orientation too?...

Glad to hear you like the difference.

I think about doing it quite often (the magnet flip - not the pole-piece flip...[biggrin] ).

I'd probably try it out on a spare pair of p'ups first to see how much difference it makes. I don't really want to start mucking about with my '57 Classics first off.

My prime candidates for the role of guinea-pig would be my ceramics but I think I read somewhere that it can't be done with those particular type of magnet. Something about them being non-directional?

Any one any knowledge on that thought?

Did you switch pole-piece orientation too?...

Glad to hear you like the difference.

I think about doing it quite often (the magnet flip - not the pole-piece flip...[cool] ).

I'd probably try it out on a spare pair of p'ups first to see how much difference it makes. I don't really want to start mucking about with my '57 Classics first off.

My prime candidates for the role of guinea-pig would be my ceramics but I think I read somewhere that it can't be done with those particular type of magnet. Something about them being non-directional?

Any one any knowledge on that thought?

Yes, I went the whole nine yards. I have the pup screws facing the bridge now.

The new pups arent potted either which I now prefer. I have always used potted humbuckers

but since I have tasted the vibe and dimensions that non waxed pickups can deliver I must say

that I like, and prefer them.

Archived