Gibson Brands Forums

Gillian Girl , Calgary Folk Festival ?

suburude63

Hi Subu! I'll likely go, I go most years. It's 3 days long and I have done all three days before but will probably only do the Sunday. It looks like they haven't booked a headliner yet this year? Usually the definitive artist lineup comes out in May. It's VERY popular here and jam-packed every year, rain or shine. They should stop calling it a folk festival because there's music from all over the world, not just folk music. A few years back we had Kris Kristofferson. And Gil and Dave came way back in 2000 (I think). I'll be watching for the lineup! Are you and Mrs. Subu considering it? My banjo guy told me about another really good folk fest in the Okanagan. I'll fill you in on that one when I see him on Friday.

banjo_players_rule_poster-p228745530488732237t5ta_400.jpg

Keith-

Gillian Girl is a sweet, caring person. The kind of person who is always reaching out to the stray cat or dog that comes across her path. Even a Banjo player such as the unfortunate one depicted here. (I'm sure her new friend is no less flexible.)

The pathetic attempts by the banjo "player" to coax musical sounds from what is essentially a glorified gourd must only endear that person to her.

banjo_players_rule_poster-p228745530488732237t5ta_400.jpg

Keith-

Gillian Girl is a sweet' date=' caring person. The kind of person who is always reaching out to the stray cat or dog that comes across her path. Even a Banjo player such as the unfortunate one depicted here. (I'm sure her new friend is no less flexible.)

The pathetic attempts by the banjo "player" to coax musical sounds from what is essentially a glorified gourd must only endear that person to her.[/size']

ROFL! Yes, that's it Hoss, it's a sympathy thing LOL If I don't talk to him, who will? [blink]

Hi Subu! I'll likely go' date=' I go most years. It's 3 days long and I have done all three days before but will probably only do the Sunday. It looks like they haven't booked a headliner yet this year? Usually the definitive artist lineup comes out in May. It's VERY popular here and jam-packed every year, rain or shine. They should stop calling it a folk festival because there's music from all over the world, not just folk music. A few years back we had Kris Kristofferson. And Gil and Dave came way back in 2000 (I think). I'll be watching for the lineup! Are you and Mrs. Subu considering it? My banjo guy told me about another really good folk fest in the Okanagan. I'll fill you in on that one when I see him on Friday.[/quote']

Let me know for sure GG !

Archived