Gibson Brands Forums

Gibson, Gruhns, ect.....?

Murph

Hey Stifhand, Chan Man, other Nashville residents.....

Any updates? I guess Gruhns had time to get everything upstairs, but the humidity has to be very high for his vintage inventory.

I haven't seen any detailed information about Gibson either, just a few sentences saying there was some damage, they are out away from the video I've seen of 2nd Ave. Opry Mills has not been mentioned on any Newscast I've seen yet either.....

I wonder too, how deep is the water on Broadway in Gruhns, Tooties, Ernest Tubbs, ect.?

God bless you all, and good luck.

Thanks Murph!

Looks like Opry Mills had about 3' of water:

[YOUTUBE]

[/YOUTUBE]

I'm still trying to find out how far up Broadway the water rose. I think the river crested last night.

Thanks Murph.

I have not heard how far the water got either, I saw a picture of a building that is south of Gruhn and it was under 6 feet of water or so but by the time you get to Gruhn's it is higher ground. I am sure they are OK.

The Gibson plant seems to definitely be on a low area and if Chanman says there is a creek I am sure they will have flooding and continue to have it probably because I am sure that creek connects to the Cumberland River.

I live in South Nashville, that is the creek that runs 1 mile south of here on Nolensville Road, when we came back home taking a shortcut through Burkitt Road we avoided I-24 we still had to cross the creek but the bridge was still passable on Nolensville.

Somebody told me today they had to spend the night in their car because they could not pass or go back the way they came.

Archived