Gibson Brands Forums

Anybody heard a Marshall Class 5??

SG fan 420

I've heard great things about them, other than a rattling problem, which I heard, has been fixed. I can't find one to demo ANYWHERE, so if I want one i'll have to buy it sight unseen off the web. So if anyone has heard one in the flesh, i'd like to know if it has that famous Marshall crunch goin' on. I already have a Fender Champ 600, which sounds beautiful through my Strat clean, but doesn't do crunch very well at all. The Class 5 is supposed to be close in design to the old Bluesbreaker amps EC played the Beano Les Paul through, BTW.

I've heard great things about them' date=' other than a rattling problem, which I heard, has been fixed. I can't find one to demo ANYWHERE, so if I want one i'll have to buy it sight unseen off the web. So if anyone has heard one in the flesh, i'd like to know if it has that famous Marshall crunch goin' on. I already have a Fender Champ 600, which sounds beautiful through my Strat clean, but doesn't do crunch very well at all. The Class 5 is supposed to be close in design to the old Bluesbreaker amps EC played the Beano Les Paul through, BTW.[/quote']

They are outstanding. They are loud as hell though, to crank up you need a lot of room IMO.

Great sounding though, and a great deal for the money. I want one real bad

Archived