Gibson Brands Forums

Recorded a song my new gibson

MimingMinds

Apologies for the hiss, I recorded it on an old tascam four track.

Summer Days

She was nine and I was six

We lived in lean toos made of sticks

and church we sometimes tred

her parents slept in seperate beds

And the wind blew hard

On summer days with easy starts

Lemonade, gunna make a stand

Get real rich off this god-damn plan

All the quarters, a dime's what you're worth

Get dixie cups and sit on the porch

And the wind blew hard

On summer days with easy starts

And I never mind, winter nights not worth my time

And I don't care, gunna get back to those days I swear

Teenage years done shot my head

tripped out by the river bed

Tried to find where we carved our names

all i found was a scribbled "god hates me"

And the wind blew loud

I'm falling down

Laid in bed looking at the girl

Her chest was white from bikini twirls

My head pounded to the beat

And I went down on my knees

And the wind blew loud

I'm falling down

And I never mind, winter nights not worth my time

And I don't care, gunna get back to those days I swear

http://www.zamzar.com/getFiles.php?uid=2566595484602001273425236&targetID=jtsRUSVJcF2BaIvY1sZ2qtKhEZBB4VFj

You should be able to download it for a day or two. If anyone still wants a listen after, then i'll put it up again.

Always exciting to see new music posted here on the Gibson Acoustic Forum.

Unfortunately, it looks like the hosting period has already expired. I was going to take a listen, but no go.

All the best,

Guth

i really like your stuff. if you aren't gigging around your town, county, state etc i'd strongly suggest it. you have a sound that is current and yet it's unique and doesn't sound like you're trying to mimic your heros. i really liked the lyrics for summer days. thoughtful and evocative - esp. the line about separate beds. nice guitar too but it also brings to my mind that the guitar doesnt matter so much as the intent of the player (might be blasphemy around here but wtf ..). good luck.

I finally got to check out your tune(s). I pretty much agree with what that cunkhead wrote. For lack of a better way to put it — I really like your new guitar but I'm most envious of your "overall presence" when you're delivering your music.

Thanks for sharing your songs.

All the best,

Guth

do you have a college/university in the area that has its own radio station? if so, check with them and the hosts of the shows that do indie programming. call and ask them what clubs/cafes etc highlight indie/open mic stuff. local college radio are usually receptive to local artists and readily take submissions. i can tell your stuff is good enough to get played. one caveat is that sometimes college radio can be 'clique-ish' - a group of scenesters only promoting their friends. if you run into this don't take it personally. you have something worth hearing and that defies this style of politics. also, find out where other bands/solo artists are playing and ask if you can open up for them. usually you'll meet like minded people at open mics though and it will give you a good idea about where you want to be. if anywhere. lol. maybe you don't want to play around - and that's ok too.

Archived