Gibson Brands Forums

Les Paul Deluxe Limited Guitar of the Week - speed knob size issues

LP_Deluxe

I recently broke one of the original gold speed volume knobs on my Les Paul Gold Top Deluxe Limited 2007 Guitar Of The Week #8. I purchased a Gibson replacement set of gold speed knobs last week that doesn't fit this guitar at all. The knobs look similar but are a little different. The knobs on my guitar are a softer gold and not as shiny as the Gibson replacement brand knobs that I purchased. Is anyone aware of any size differences that would be causing this issue ? Gibson support is working on sending me a new replacement knob that will take a few weeks to send out and hopefully it will be the right knob after waiting for it. I'm just concerned as to why the pots on this guitar would be a different size ? What will happen 10-20 years down the road if another knob breaks ? I would have thought all these knobs/pots would be a standard size. Has anyone experienced this with any other Gibson guitars at all ?

I recently broke one of the original gold speed volume knobs on my Les Paul Gold Top Deluxe Limited 2007 Guitar Of The Week #8. I purchased a Gibson replacement set of gold speed knobs last week that doesn't fit this guitar at all. The knobs look similar but are a little different. The knobs on my guitar are a softer gold and not a shiny as the replacement knobs. Is anyone aware of any size differences that would be causing this issue ? Gibson support is working on sending me a new replacement nkob that will take at least a few weeks to send out and hopefully it will be the right knob. I'm just concerned as to why the pots on this guitar would be a different size ? What will happen 10-20 years down the road if another knob breaks ? I would have thought all these knobs/pots would be a standard size. Has anyone experienced this with any other Gibson guitars at all ?

Archived