Gibson Brands Forums

SG Standard is due for a mod or two......Ideas ?

Blackie

.............I aint nervous about drilling anything..........I just don't use tremelo units......maybe I should check one out though cause it might be cool

......is it stable and such and is the arm going to get in the way ?

I'm with ya, I'm not into tremolo's either. Hmmm. Maybe just a nice set of zebra pups? Those would look cool with like a tortoise shell pickguard. I don't know if they make an SG pickguard in that finish though.

Actually, if you are digging a Bigsby, I think that there is one that doesn't require drilling. I really don't know about those things. I'd ask GIANTRobOT420 or evol.

Actually' date=' if you are digging a Bigsby, I think that there is one that doesn't require drilling. I really don't know about those things. I'd ask GIANTRobOT420 or evol. [/quote']

Heres the vibramate thingy.Requires no drilling. I put a Tusq teflon nut on my axe and it has no tuning problem with my tune o matic. You just cant do crazy dive bomb stuff.

I guess I'm slow to change some stuff, even in the years when I was up to doing such things.

Seems like it's been modded... now see how it runs.

But if you've gotta...

Stuff like this can add to the fun.

http://accessories.musiciansfriend.com/product/Seymour-Duncan-TS2s-Triple-Shot-Carved-Top-Pickup-Mounting-Ring-Set?sku=583292

Point is, there's a lotta stuff can be done with electronics on board.

m

Archived