Gibson Brands Forums

Bye Bye Penny

deepblue

They've been talking about it down here for decades. I don't think it'll ever go away. Personally I like them. If you don't want them give leave them on the cash register counter.

"See a penny pick it up, then all the day you'll have good luck."

[blink]

If they want to save money in the lower 48, they should stop printing the $1 bill. Do like they did north of the 40th parallel, force people to use the Loonie whether they like it or not.

If they want to save money in the lower 48, they should stop printing the $1 bill. Do like they did north of the 40th parallel, force people to use the Loonie whether they like it or not

You mean north of the 49th parallel?...the 40th parallel is the Mason/Dixon line.

Did you American cousins give us more land that I dont know about? lol

about the loonie....its too much weight in the pocket. That combined with the twoonie makes

for some baggy pants. They are talking about $5 coin now....sigh.

It wouldn't be a bad idea down here either since the penny costs the government 1.3 cents each to make. It would probably save more than it would generate with the roundup. BTW, y'all up there have pretty interesting ideas about money. I got a Caanadian nickle for change the other day and I haven't figured out whether putting the queen on one side and a beaver on the other is satirical or whimsical.

You mean north of the 49th parallel?...the 40th parallel is the Mason/Dixon line.

Did you American cousins give us more land that I dont know about? lol

about the loonie....its too much weight in the pocket. That combined with the twoonie makes

for some baggy pants. They are talking about $5 coin now....sigh.

You are absolutely right. I don't know where my brain was. Lord knows we fought a Pig War over the dispute.

Glad we got it settled.

Baggy pants? You be right in style with the young hoods.. I mean youts.

Archived