Gibson Brands Forums

Volume Knob Loose on J-45--Need Help

lockjawdavis

I have a 2009 J-45 and after some vigorous strumming, my thumb somehow found its way to the top of the soundhole and knocked the volume knob loose. It's still attached to the pickup (the volume knob-not my thumb) , but I just need to get in there and affix the knob back to the inside of the guitar. I'm guessing it was glued there by the factory. Anyone have any idea what I should use to reattach (all I have in my house is Monster Glue and Elmers)?

Thanks for any help!

I had a similar problem on both my Blues King an my previous Hummingbird.

Both of mine were loosened by my use of the Feedback Buster soundhole plug for live work...my

solution was to fully detach the knob assemblies from the top (mine were hanging off, having had the adhesive pad loosened but not fully detached), then applying a thin layer of Cyanoacrylate (good quality superglue) to the adhesive pad and gluing the knob assembly back in place, but a little further "back" into the guitar than before, so I can use the 'buster with no worries.

Mine is rock solid in my BK, and my Hummingbird vol. Knob had given two years of fine service after i repositioned it, at the the time

I sold it.

Good luck! Can i take it by your name that you're a bluesman?

If you use the double sided sticky tape you will be able to move it easily if you decide you want to. If you superglue it then it will be much more permanent. I'd go for the tape.

Archived