Gibson Brands Forums

Here is another one outdoor SJ 200 recording - fingerpicking

MisterGibs

MisterGibs,

I viewed both of the videos you posted today.

First off, although I'm sadly unable to follow the storylines of the songs due to the language barrier, it's obvious to me that you have a really great voice. While it sounded to me like the flatpick breathed more life into your J-200, I actually enjoyed the fingerpicking more — nicely done! I would be interested to view/hear the results in a more controlled (indoor) setting without the wind noise. I think it would do your performances more justice. Great scenery though.

Thanks for posting up and letting your fingers do their talking via the fretboard rather than the keyboard. Most enjoyable.

All the best,

Guth

Absolutely brilliant! I can't tell you how jealous the sunny and warm looking background makes me (having said that it seems today could almost pass for summer here in the UK...). Have you been posting these clips elsewhere? You should probably try and get them on a few blogs, it would be a shame for people not to se them!

Thanks friends.

Yes - there is a lot of sun 'round here in south -east Europe.

And this place is really veeery strange and beautiful.

About the recordings - now I found a real studio and will hire the place. There is nothing inside - absolutely empty, but I will buy some things. Basically I hire this place, because it is proffessionaly set up with isolation on the walls, floor etc. and there inside is absolutely silent place. And on the other hand when I play and sing in my kitchen I have the feeling that I play only for fun. But in a studio outside my home this will change my thinking. I will start to think about my playing and singing as about a WORK and I hope that this will help me get better.

First I will try to record in this studio with my ZOOM H4 and this will give a lot more quality of the sound.

Matter of fact I prefere to strum on M-R GIBS and to play with fingers on my other steel strings guitar - "THE GALE"

I will keep on posting in youtube.

I post only in my youtube channel, for I really don't know where to post and will be glad if you give me some advices about it.

I make my music and my songs only to show them to tle audience. I have never want to make money out of it and I never did (suppose that I will never do in the future)

[YOUTUBE]

[/YOUTUBE]

Archived