Gibson Brands Forums

Great site for words and music.....

onewilyfool

Looks interesting, but I wouldn't be interested in paying to read chords snatched from free sites. They just grab what's out there regardless of accuracy. Now if this place had accurate tabs, it would be worth it.

Currently, the site shows "Happy Together" as written by The Beatles and not by The Turtles. They also show a tab for "Yesterday" in the key of F in standard tuning instead of properly played in G one full step down.

The transposing of tabs and many of the other features look interesting, but there are free sites that do those things too.

They also show a tab for "Yesterday" in the key of F in standard tuning instead of properly played in G one full step down.

All the videos I have seen of McCartney playing "Yesterday" show him playing in the key of F. But upon closer inspection, he must tune down a step and play in G.

DJ

All the videos I have seen of McCartney playing "Yesterday" show him playing in the key of F. But upon closer inspection' date=' he must tune down a step and play in G.

DJ

[/quote']

Yep. It is actually in F... but he plays his Epiphone Texan dropped a whole step playing in G. Much much easier to play that way too.

Here he is in 2008 playing Yesterday in G dropped a whole step on his Texan:

[YOUTUBE]

[/YOUTUBE]

and here he is back in 1964 playing it the same way on the same guitar (see 0:40):

[YOUTUBE]

[/YOUTUBE]

Archived