Gibson Brands Forums

For those who write lyrics...

Silenced Fred

Nathan...

Keep it up' date=' and keep your chin up...

I like your attitude.

m

[/quote']

Thanks [lol] I try.

The more I go to live shows, I realize this is what I want to do. I can't see myself doing a "regular" job. I don't know if that is a good or a bad thing, but its what is. I want to lay the groundwork now and see where it takes me

Thanks [thumbup] I try.

The more I go to live shows' date=' I realize this is what I want to do. I can't see myself doing a "regular" job. I don't know if that is a good or a bad thing, but its what is. I want to lay the groundwork now and see where it takes me[/quote']

If none of us ever gets anywhere musically, give me a call. I admire your passion about music and I feel exactly the same way [cool].

There have been lots of great replies in this thread, I've managed to pick some new things up that I didn't think of earlier. I too need all tips I can get, being the sole lyricist in the band.

If none of us ever gets anywhere musically' date=' give me a call. I admire your passion about music and I feel exactly the same way [biggrin'].

There have been lots of great replies in this thread, I've managed to pick some new things up that I didn't think of earlier. I too need all tips I can get, being the sole lyricist in the band.

Music to be is fun, and engaging. Like writing, it can affect people's lives, which has the biggest effect on me. I have told this story before, but I think it is worth telling again: I wrote a story about Title 9 for my school's newspaper last year, and I heard the standard "good job" "nice writing" blah blah blah, but a week later, a girl came up to me with tears in her eyes, and told me that because of my story, her parents started going to her basketball games [thumbup] I broke down right there, no feeling can top that.

That's what I look for in my song writing, something that can connect with people. One of the songs I hated was "Love Song" by Sara Bareilles until I heard the back story to it: The record company wouldn't release her album unless it had a "love song" on it and she refused, so she wrote the song as her metaphorical middle finger to the record industry.

I have learned alot, and would like to thank everyone here for the input

Keep at it, I definitely admire that you're doing it for the love of making music and connecting with your potential audience. If you work hard and play even harder success will find you, even if it doesn't come from a major record label.

Archived