Gibson Brands Forums

LG2 or other small body Gibbies

markwillplay

I don't know much about these at all. Do any of them have the 1 3/4 fuler neck profiles? I was looking at a couple of used ones and I would love to have a smaller bodied gibby that sounded great. You just never see them where I am. There is a B model to (B25??). Anyway, I figured someone here would know about them.

I love the old lg-2s and currently have two of them, one a banner from the WWII years and the other a 1949 model. Both have 1 3/4" nuts.

I had a B-25 model for a while.... same body size, but it had a much skinnier neck, like 1 5/8", as I recall. Gibson made the transition from lgs to B's during the '60s, I believe.

good luck on your search!

1940s LGs can be surprisingly affordable. They can be had off of eBay now and then for less than any new Gibson. They get my vote for best bang-for-buck in the vintage marketplace. I got a very rare 1942 LG-1 (these first issue LG-1s were X-braced and had the fancy rosette and purflings of all of the first-issue Banner logo flattops) for very little money a year or 2 ago:

2781650670033810361S600x600Q85.jpg

Archived