Gibson Brands Forums

Divided by 13

Silenced Fred

When I see the price of some high end, mass produced amps like a Mesa Booge Triple Rectumfier I laugh. You mean someone would pay 1800USD for a circuit board amp when you could get a handwired amp for a few hundred more?

When I see the price of some high end' date=' mass produced amps like a Mesa Booge Triple Rectumfier I laugh. You mean someone would pay 1800USD for a circuit board amp when you could get a handwired amp for a few hundred more?[/quote']

You could get a handwired Fender Champ for $999

When I see the price of some high end' date=' mass produced amps like a Mesa Booge Triple Rectumfier I laugh. You mean someone would pay 1800USD for a circuit board amp when you could get a handwired amp for a few hundred more?[/quote']

I agree. This stuff is killer. It says 17 watts on the model I played, but it was as loud as my Sunn T50! Great cleans, and a good vintage overdrive sound.

I have some serious GAS. Check out their website, they have something in every wattage range, just not every money range :-k

I laugh at people who by handwired point to point, pay more, and think they got a better amp because of it.

I laugh at people who by handwired point to point' date=' pay more, and think they got a better amp because of it.[/quote']

Laugh all you want; they are better amps. You can have your mushy, flat, circuit board tone and I'll let my axe sing.

Archived