Gibson Brands Forums

Buddy Guy...Rained Out

Rocky4

Saw him Friday. He played two songs, then he ducked back while the canopy was lowered due to the wind whipping up. He then played two or three more songs and then the storm hit. Show stopped. He was a fantastic entertainer. Real blues. I will make sure to catch him when he comes around again.

Somewhere about 25 years ago, I had the opportunity to see him a few times. All in Ottawa. The one I remember most was when he did a little walk about through the crowd. This was a pretty small venue and he walked by me and put his White Strat I believe in my hands while he took a stroll. Picked it back up on the way back to the stage. The sound guy was on the ball and killed the guitar channel.

Another time I saw him, he had so many refreshments delivered to him on stage (scotch I believe). that he could barely play. He was accompanied by either Junior or Sonny Wells. I apologize for not remembering which is the younger and he blew my socks off with his playing. Easily carried the show for me. These Buddy Guy shows really hooked me onto blues, then and now.

Dave

Archived