Gibson Brands Forums

How Long ?

Steven Tari

From start to finish, how long does it take for Gibson to build a ES-339? :-k I bought one on the 5th of this month. I recieved a letter that it was back ordered. Then I should have it by the 23rd of June, now the 29th. I'm not getting ticked about the wait. But I figure now if it takes the right amount of time for them to build one at the factory, then their building this guitar for me and just me. It won't hit a store's shelves or anything like that. SOOOooooo, I can say the factory just built the guitar just for me. How's that logic sound?

OH! Say hey fella's and ladies it's been awhile. Hope Y'all have been doing well.[biggrin]

............Oh was that your guitar ?.........yeah kind of got smashed a little ........but the guy's at Gibson will have it to you post haste............

........or some time in the next 6 months or so......................

It's to July 2ND now. I did research in the old forum questions and found my answer. It takes 2 weeks to a month ( depending on the guitar being built) for a guitar to be built by the custom shop. So the 5th will be one month. I might still have to wait a bit, but OH Well. Coming stright from the custom shop do you think I need to take it down to my favorite guitar Tech. to get it set up or should it be good to go stright from there?:-

Well the 339 is well worth the "short wait" for it. I actually got mine at the HOG in Rochester. When I first saw and played it I fell in love with it. You'll love it. Oh and BTW I've been waiting for my PRS for 6 months now, so it could be much worse for you...

Archived