Gibson Brands Forums

Octave Pedal Question

deepblue

I have a question about "Octave" pedals.

I know they have their limits, but I havent really checked one out for about 25 years or so...

My question is....how do they sound when you bend a note?

Does it hold and compensate for the bend?

I know, I should check it out for myself and I will, just putting out feelers right now.

Currently I'm using an Electro Harmonix Octave Multiplexer. That pedal doesn't track very well when you do a bend (or play more than one note). -It works great for single notes though. Before that, I had a Boss OC-3 pedal, it had a polyphonic mode, and did pretty well with bends, and chords. Sometimes I could still hear some weirdness though (nothing really noticeable, but...) when the pedal tried to figure out what tone to add the octave to. I've tried that EH POG, and (IMHO) it sounds the best yet. You still hear a tiny bit of that tracking problem if you listen closely, but it's not too bad.

I´ve used Boss OC-2 Octave and in my experience it tends to get confused easily with the bends. It´s old and beat up though so I don´t know if that has anything to do with it. Single, concise notes seem to work best with it. Anything fancier than that it doesn´t seem to like.

Archived