Gibson Brands Forums

Torn Between Two Lovers....

MrRoundel

Not really. Actually, I'm torn between putting either a SD Seth Lover, Gibson Classic 57, or vintage T-top, in the neck position on my '74 LP Std. I play more classic rock than anything, along with a bit of the blues. No heavy metal, no jazz, although I'll play jazz before I play metal. Anyway, does anyone have any experience with comparing the three pickups? I do like what I heard on a demo of the Seth Lover, but read a lot of good stuff about the Classic 57. The T-top fit goes without saying, they're just a bit pricier, but not out of the question. Any help is appreciated. I know it's subjective. However, if you wanted a pickup in there that would sound closest to John Fogerty's Creedence, and later, stuff, or maybe crunchier Neil Young stuff, which would you pick? Thanks.

Note: My main amp is a MusicMan 210 HD130 with a lot of headroom. Of course it never gets cranked up on "high". And, this pickup will be replacing the vintage Dimarzio Super Distortion that's presently in the neck position, FWIW.

Archived