Gibson Brands Forums

Looking for a beater les paul

nikko18

Hey every one, I'm back!!!

So I've got a new project in the works. I am looking for a old beater les paul that I can fix up with my grandpa. It doesn't really need to have anything except the body and the neck. All the electronics, finish, hardware, etc we can do ourselves. It's just the making the body and neck that we don't want to do (Well, he doesn't. I think it would be fun and I know we could do it if he was up for it). I would like it to be at least a Les Paul Standard though, no specials or studios. I want it to have binding on the body and neck, and a flame maple top.

So if any of you guys have seen something like this around on ebay or for sale some where could you please let me know? Just comment on this thread or send me a PM.

Thanks a bunch!

Nikko [biggrin]

If you dont have your heart set on a thru neck have you considered warmoth?

they make some good bodies and neck to order.

alternatively I would keep trawling ebay till you find something suitable pops up.

To answer all your questions and suggestions.

1. I have considered Warmoth but I want a set neck Les paul.

2. It doesn't have to be a Gibson but it has to be something well made.

And 3. I have seen that ebay store and I don't like it. My Epiphone is better then those LP studios. I want something on par with a Les Paul Standard. Mahogany body and neck, flame maple top, binding on the body and neck, rosewood or ebony fretboard, and routed for two humbuckers. Those are the requirements.

Thanks for the suggestions guys.

Oh! And I will keep on trawling ebay.

Archived