Gibson Brands Forums

Question for Gibson Customer Service

dodgytoo

I have a Gibson 2006 Wine Red ES 175 with 57 Custom p/u etc

My question is why is the model number written on the Orange label inside the 'f-hole" of the guitar and on the Gibson checklist written as ES75 WRGH2

What happened to the number "1" in the ES 175 and what does the WRGH2 signify

Over to the Gibson experts

I have a Gibson 2006 Wine Red ES 175 with 57 Custom p/u etc

My question is why is the model number written on the Orange label inside the 'f-hole" of the guitar and on the Gibson checklist written as ES75 WRGH2

What happened to the number "1" in the ES 175 and what does the WRGH2 signify

Over to the Gibson experts

Hey Dodytoo,

This code is more used iniside the company to refer to a certain model than to provide information about the guitar's specifications. These SKU codes can lead to misunderstandings at times, at Customer Service we try to avoid to idenityf a model only from these codes. With this one I would guess that the 1 was left out, since it is already clear from the 75 which product line is meant.

WRGH is Wine Red/Gold Hardware. The 2 at the end may refer to availability not on all markets but only through certain dealers.

It was actually ES75 WRGH1

Not with a 2.

It was a weird *** old fashioned 1 that looked like a 2

Thanks for the input

All is good and it is a beautiful guitar.

Wine Red is a great colour even in a plain top

Red Wine is my favorite color of any guitar especially with gold hardware! I did a search on ebay for either a Gretsch or Gibson in Wine Red and did not come up with much. Do you have a picture?

Archived