Gibson Brands Forums

J45 MC Top and bridge a bit higher on bass strings side

brums

Do you mean the saddle is higher on the bass side (the light-colored bone or Tusq strip the strings rest on), or the bridge is higher (the rosewood part the saddle sits in, and that the bridge pins go through)?

Sorry if the descriptions in parenthesis are demeaning; I just couldn't tell from your question how much experience you had as a guitar owner, and thought if this was your first guitar, you might not know the terms.

Red 333

Hello, the top with .013 is more higher on the strings bass side........

yes the top becomes higher when I use .013.........with

.012 the top is less high.....

when I take off the strings the top is right.....

I hope have used a correct language.....I'm sorry

Keep the 12's. Actually I was talking to modoc_33 (he works at a shop where they sell plenty of Gibsons) two days ago and he said the same thing about all their TV's. 12's are fine, 13's are too much. I would keep the 12's.

Yes, .013 gauge strings will pull the top more than a .012 set. While the guitar will probably stand this in the short run, I think 13s are hard on a guitar's top and bracing over a lifetime, requiring the work of a skilled mechanic sooner than would one strung with 12s. I've have used both. I love the feel and volume of 13s but that's not worth the long term implications to me. An alternative is 13s tuned down a half or full step......heavier strings but lowered tension. Your call.

I love the feel and volume of 13s but that's not worth the long term implications to me. An alternative is 13s tuned down a half or full step......heavier strings but lowered tension. Your call.

thats my ticket, I love the feel and volume of the heavier strings, I also love the depth of tuning down a half step #-o

Archived