Gibson Brands Forums

VOS Guitars

G McBride

http://www.mylespaul.com/forums/gibson-les-pauls/50210-gibson-les-paul-101-a.html

Gibson's VOS - Vintage Original Spec line. The terms VOS, historic, reissue & historic reissue all refer to the same guitar. There is only one difference, VOS refers to the aged finish on the top and hardware. The ones that do not have the VOS finish are referred to as "gloss" or "high gloss" reissues because (obviously) they have a high gloss finish. Websites like Guitar Center list the two guitars as VOS and "reissue." Reissue refers to the high gloss. I think this has caused some confusion with some people but rest assured, they are all the same guitar. Again, one looks brand new and the other does not look brand new - that's the only difference. VOS costs $300 less.

Guest rogerb

R9 is correct. We have a lot of callers confused about the VOS vs Reissue models. I like to tell people VOS is a treatment done to the guitars to make them look like they have been played by a sweaty mechanic for 6 weeks.#-o

R9 is correct. We have a lot of callers confused about the VOS vs Reissue models. I like to tell people VOS is a treatment done to the guitars to make them look like they have been played by a sweaty mechanic for 6 weeks.[blink]

LOL' date=' but actually...this must sound like music in the ears of any marketer: a VOS with the smell of Jimmy Page's sweat on it, or simply put, a VOSS: Vintage Original Spec & Sweat! [cool

...obviously, very limited editions...

Archived