Gibson Brands Forums

OK, Now I'm starting to worry.

Steven Tari

It's in the third month and I received this today.

We are sorry but the items you ordered remain out of stock. Additional merchandise is on order with our vendor and we expect to ship within 30 days.

If you can wait, please call 866-498-7882 or visit our Online Help Center where you can view our knowledge base or submit a question.

Unless we hear from you within 14 days, we'll assume you cannot wait and your order will be cancelled. Federal regulations will not allow us to hold your order any longer without your express written consent.

Sincerely,

Guitar Center Customer Service

Now I've done a lot of ordering for my company and seen letters like this before. When a company is starting to discontinue a line or changing a line. I've seen the guitar that I ordered disappear for new colors. Will Gibson keep a line open to finish the guitars it has sold or will I receive a letter in the future that this guitar has been discontinued and have waisted all this time waiting?

The guitar I ordered is a ES-339 in antique red. I've called them and wrote them to keep the order alive.

I'm trying to be paitent but this letter kinda threw me off .[confused]

At music123 the ES339 is on order in Antique Red but they have in Vintage Sunburst and Caramel Burst.

I doubt they would stop the Red finish seeing as thats a popular and traditional colour for that type of guitar.

EDIT: And the impression I got from various internet forums is that the 339 is a popular and well selling model, but then again only Gibson would know that for sure.

It's in the third month and I received this today.

We are sorry but the items you ordered remain out of stock. Additional merchandise is on order with our vendor and we expect to ship within 30 days.

If you can wait' date=' please call 866-498-7882 or visit our Online Help Center where you can view our knowledge base or submit a question.

Unless we hear from you within 14 days, we'll assume you cannot wait and your order will be cancelled. Federal regulations will not allow us to hold your order any longer without your express written consent.

Sincerely,

Guitar Center Customer Service

Now I've done a lot of ordering for my company and seen letters like this before. When a company is starting to discontinue a line or changing a line. I've seen the guitar that I ordered disappear for new colors. Will Gibson keep a line open to finish the guitars it has sold or will I receive a letter in the future that this guitar has been discontinued and have waisted all this time waiting?

The guitar I ordered is a ES-339 in antique red. I've called them and wrote them to keep the order alive.

I'm trying to be paitent but this letter kinda threw me off .[biggrin

Steven, I think the ES-339 is a Gibson Custom Shop guitar. They usually come from the Memphis, TN factory, but I

could be wrong. I know things may be slow coming out of Nashville, TN factory because of the flood they had down there when the river overflowed. Did you try checking directly with Gibson Customer Service. Maybe if you give

them your order number from the Guitar Center they may be able to trace something or see if the order was somehow canceled. Wouldn't hurt to try.

Archived