Gibson Brands Forums

Anyway, I'll keep practicing untill I d..............!

DeVeeWee

[YOUTUBE]
[/YOUTUBE]

Man' date=' that was fantastic! He didn't even break a sweat. I wonder who that kid took lessons with. His execution and

style were great for a kid his age. I noticed every once in a while he would look at one of the other players and put this little grin on his face, like, pretty f**Kin' cool, huh. [confused Imagine when he gets into his twenties? I hope when I retire

from the corporate world that I can find a teacher that will teach me to play like that. Until then, I have to stick with the

simpler stuff I can grasp. he must have been playing for quite a number of years already, though, on top of being blessed

with the wonderful gift of being a child prodigy.

The kid's technique is quite good! did you notice that you barely ever saw the thumb of his fretting hand? Why? Because it was on the back of the neck where it should be! [confused]

Not really my style of music (too noodly and without groove), but hot damn that kid can play!

The kid's technique is quite good! did you notice that you barely ever saw the thumb of his fretting hand? Why? Because it was on the back of the neck where it should be! :)

Not really my style of music (too noodly and without groove)' date=' but hot damn that kid can play! [/quote']

Hmmm......I disagree on the thumb part. :- I personally believe in the baseball bat grip with the thumb over the top. Why you ask? Because it's far more comfortable and makes playing much easier. He must have been taught by someone who is a classical guitarist.

I do however, agree with the not my style part.

You guys are gonna think that I'm both really stupid and really mean, but I think that doesn't count as playing because in my eyes, the guitar is an weapon of rock! So therefore, I don't acknowledge him as a good guitarist, or, a guitarist at all for that matter.

I laugh at his knock-off Les Paul. BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA! FEAR ME!

LOL Dave' date=' that wasn't the purpose mate...and BTW he misses a note also at 1:49 so there's still hope! [blink']

LOL, How could you tell? If he did have a bum note, he prolly did it on purpose to psych everyone out, lol. Da kid is good!

Archived